Hello Beautiful!!! Ive been asked numerous times how to grow black curly hair to waist length and longer and the answer might surprise some of you. So I’ve taken the liberty to share with you some great tips on how i grew my own hair to waist length . Please know that some of you may grow your hair faster or longer and others might grow their curly hair at a slower rate . Additionally, this is only some of the important things i applied to my own hair growth journey .
- Lets look at the Internal things first, and ill cover the external things in part 2. . It takes a commitment, determination and dedication to grow curly or kinky black hair to waist length. . Think of hair growth as taking care of a helpless baby . Disclaimer: your hair is growing right now as you are reading this . Its a natural bodily function that actually requires little from your body to flourish. Ok, let’s pause for a minute and grow our hair right now, together….. There thats it!!!
- Since that just really happened, we are on our way to waist length. Our only focus should be to maintain the hair we just grew together .
- I think you already know what I’m about to say next…. so i wont spare you… lol…Having a balanced diet is key . Ok, i said it…You must provide your baby with vitamins and minerals to grow up to be healthy and strong right?? Nothing on this earth can survive without sustenance, a source to which it can flourish. You are that source (aka the momma) to that hair we just grew. Try to limit junk food as much as you can .
- Your curly hair needs moisture. Besides the vitamins and minerals from our balanced diet, water is paramount to your hairs health. Just like water to the baby’s skin to keep it from cracking and drying out. It is what is necessary to keep the hair shaft with elasticity to be able to reasonably stretch without breaking . Drink what your body needs and more . That “more” will then be directed to the follicles after the body takes what it needs to sustain your life. The hair and nails are always last in line to receive water because essentially; life as we know it will continue on without them . Tho for some of us, when we lose our hair, it is equivalent to experiencing a death. Trust me, i know!!!
- The next thing is scalp massages. In order for your baby. or follicles to grow up to be strong, you have to have the ability to provide food to the root of the hair that we just grew, Daily Scalp massages are key. Its just like moving a baby’s arms and legs to strengthen its muscles when doing scalp massages, you are forcing blood to travel up to the root and with that blood bathing the root in all the nutrition it needs, the hair will flourish.
Stay tuned for part 2 where i will cover the external tips on how to grow curly black hair to waist length.