Hello Beautiful, Today Let’s go over some reasons why your hair seems like it isn’t growing.
- Why is your hair not growing you ask? Some of you type 4 hair ladies are doing nothing but watching type 3 hair ladies youtube channels and trying to implement the same hair care regimen . Gir!! stop it!!! Your type 4 hair has totally different needs . Thats like trying to start a mercedes benz with tractor keys . Lets be realistic about our hair texture and type .
- Some of you don’t wrap your hair in silk or satin at night because you are tired and are opting to sleep on cotton pillowcases. Stop it!!! You must protect your hair especially at night . Cotton will wick and rob you of the moisture you have in your hair as you sleep .
- Some of you are coating your hair with chemical ladened hair products . Stop it!!! Instead, opt for all natural hair care products .
- Some of you are manipulating your hair way too much . I say all the time, to get your hair growing, leave it alone . Stop messing with it . Combing too roughly ripping thru your hair, Trimming every week, flat ironing, blow frying, twist, untwist every day . Its too much for our fragile tresses . Stop it!!!
- Some of you are letting your hair dry out and going too long without remoisturizing it . Stop it!!! Take time every day and and check your hair by simply touching it . If it’s dry, moisturize it .
- Some of you don’t feel like deep conditioning your hair. Stop it!! your hair needs it . At least deep condition once per month with a natural conditioner .
- Some of you are putting your hair up in a wet ball and when it dries, it gets tangled and knotted up . Stop it!!! Keep your hair stretched to reduce tangling . Twists, Bantu knots, braids, african hair threading etc are all great stretch styles .
- Some of you are lacking patience and consistency . Stop it!!!!! Figure out what works for your hair and focus only on today by setting realistic hair goals for YOUR hair type .